CWS is seeking expressions of interest for membership on its International Programmes Working Group.
The Working Group, a sub-committee of the Board, is responsible for strategic decisions related to CWS partnerships, programmes and the international budget. It facilitates the voice of overseas partners in decision-making, including in the broader operations of CWS.
We are looking for someone with:
• A strong understanding of rights-based approaches to community development
• The ability to analyse proposals, reports and budgets, and to contribute strategically into decision making
• An area of expertise relevant to CWS work (for example finance, agriculture, unions, or development theory)
• Some NGO experience, particularly overseas would be an advantage
• Familiarity with New Zealand government funding schemes would be desirable.
The Working Group meets at least six times a year usually at 5:15 pm on a Thursday at the CWS office in Christchurch. It would be desirable for the person to reside in Christchurch, but not necessary. This is a voluntary position.
CWS is the justice aid and development agency of New Zealand churches. It works with local partners in developing countries and provides assistance when disasters strike. CWS advocates for action on poverty, peace and justice. It respects and responds to need regardless of race or religion. CWS partners address the causes of poverty and advocate for outcomes that challenge injustice and inequality. Rather than place staff overseas, CWS trusts local communities to know what is needed and how best to respond.
Please send a one page covering letter outlining your particular skills and areas of interest, and your CV by 3 October to Pauline McKay, National Director.
September 5, 2018