What We Do
- Fund groups tackling poverty and help people build decent livelihoods in their own communities.
- Respond to humanitarian emergencies.
- Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Campaign against the causes of global poverty and injustice.
CWS is the development agency of New Zealand churches.
Christian World Service is a registered charitable entity. Charities Act 2005 registration CC22288. View Charities Commission Certificate of Registration.
How We Work
- We provide help where needed, regardless of race, religion or region.
- We do not parachute into a community but work through strong long term partnerships.
- We work in partnership with local groups who are the experts and the activists.
- We work at the grassroots with vulnerable and marginalised people.
- We trust the wisdom of the local community to know what is needed and how best to do it.
- We support self-determination and the role of women in development.
- We share their stories and concerns with New Zealanders so we can look after each other.