Donate now to the 2022 Christmas Appeal.
Department of Service to Palestinian Refugees (DSPR)
When the first Palestinian refugees were expelled from their homes in 1948, local clergy and lay people set up an ad-hoc committee to help. Nearly eight decades later DSPR is made up of five area committees in Galilee, Gaza, Jerusalem and the West Bank, Jordan and Lebanon.
• Builds community between refugees and local people
• Runs five primary health clinics in Gaza and Jordan, focused on mothers and children and including trauma and psychosocial care
• Runs schools and education programmes from preschool to adult literacy classes and vocational training programmes
• Organises safe transit for Syrian students to return to Syria to sit High school exams
• Supports start-up businesses, especially for women and young people
• Funds water projects
• Provides emergency assistance
• Advocates for the rights of Palestinians and refugees.
Let Hope Flow this Christmas. Support the Christmas Appeal.
Thanks to Albin Hillert, ACT Alliance and Paul Jeffrey for images used in this story.