Conflict and Peace
- Peace Sunday Resources August 4, 2019: “Then they cried to the Lord in their Trouble” They include a reflection and litany written by Rev Jordan Redding who visited the Maohi Protestant Church with the Council for World Mission. The material looks at the nuclear and colonial legacy in the Pacific.
- Peace Sunday Resources August 5, 2018: “The Bread of God… gives life to the World” with the spotlight on bread and peace. Remembering the harm of nuclear weapons and testing, the liturgy, Biblical reflections and stories focus on peacemaking, especially the role of churches in South Sudan.
- Peace Sunday Resources August 6, 2017: “Hear a Just Cause, O Lord”. On the 72nd anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima, we invite churches to pray and reflect on the possibility of the world free of nuclear weapons. Find liturgy, Biblical reflections and ideas for children. Let us pray and work for peace.
- Peace Sunday Resources August 2016: “Blessed are the Peacemakers” Commemorating the people affected by the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and nuclear testing in the Pacific. Churches working for peace in South Sudan and community peacebuilding in Nicaragua.
- Peace Sunday Resources August 2015: Remembering 70 years since the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and helping the children of Gaza. Slides for the children’s talk.
- Peace Sunday Resources August 2014: Remembering World War I, Hiroshima Day and praying for peace in the Middle East
- Peace Sunday Resources August 2012: focus on peace in the Pacific and 25 years of nuclear-free legislation in Aotearoa NZ
- Peace Sunday Resources August 2010: focus on child soldiers in the Congo
- Peace Sunday Resources August 2009: focus on justice for Moruroa workers
- Peace Sunday Resources August 2008: focus on Darfur
- Peace Sunday Resources August 2007
- Palestine Worship Resources produced by the Middle East Council of Churches to mark 40 years of the occupation of Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem in June 2007
- Refugee Sunday 2019 Worship Resources for 23 June “What are you doing here, Elijah?” (Methodist and Presbyterian calendar) and 7 July “Work for the Good of All” (Anglican calendar). PowerPoint available.
- Refugee Sunday 2018 Worship Resources for 23 June “Open Wide your Hearts Also” (Methodist and Presbyterian lectionary) and 1 July “Little Girl Wake Up” (Anglican lectionary). PowerPoint and video available.
- Refugee Sunday 2017 Worship resources for 25 June “And She Departed” (Methodist and Presbyterian lectionary) and 2 July “Whoever Welcomes You, Welcomes Me” (Anglican lectionary).
- Refugee Sunday 2016 Worship Resources for 23 June “I cry aloud to God” and 3 July “Peace to this House”(Anglican lectionary), children’s slideshow and activity sheet – focus on Syrian refugees.
- Refugee Sunday 2015 Worship Resources for 21 June “Teacher, do you care the we are Perishing?”; Children’s slideshow and worksheet available. Refugee Sunday Resources “For whenever I am weak, then I am strong” for 5 July (Anglican lectionary). Reflection on Refugee Slides. Reflection by John Bluck.
- Refugee Sunday Worship Resources 2014 Focus on refugees from Syria and South Sudan. Children’s Slide show and Worksheet available. Refugee Sunday Worship Resources for 6 July (Anglican lectionary)
- Refugee Sunday Worship Resources 2013 Focus on refugees from Syria. A slide for the children’s talk and a PowerPoint prayer (5.2 mb file) are available.
- Refugee Sunday June 2012: Focus on the Sahel region of West Africa. A slide for the children’s talk and a reflective PowerPoint (pptx) or PowerPoint (ppt) are available.
- Refugee Sunday June 2011: Focus on Sudan
- Refugee Sunday June 2010: Focus on home, climate change refugees and Sri Lanka and Pakistan one year on
- Refugee Sunday June 2009: Focus on Sri Lanka and Pakistan
- Refugee Sunday June 2008: Focus on the responsibility to protect and South Africa
- Refugee Sunday June 2007: Focus on Sudan and Palestine
- Prayers for Iraq March 2003: Written as the US led invasion began
HIV and AIDS
- Towards the Three Zeros: Zero AIDS-related deaths, Zero new HIV infections and Zero discrimination. Worship service prepared by the Ecumenical Advocacy Alliance for World AIDS Day 2012.
Presbyterian and Methodist Women’s Special Project
Resources on featured CWS partners available:
- 2019-20: Chosen People called to Proclaim: Life and Hope for Palestinian Refugee Women and Children. Download Slides, Transcript and PowerPoint.
- 2018-19: Let the Children Live: People-centred Development in Fiji to support a new initiative: Go Organic! Grow Organic! Download Slides, Transcript and PowerPoint.
- 2017-8: Children are our Hope and Future: Let the Children Live: For HIV and AIDS orphans in Uganda. Download Slides, Talk and PowerPoint.
- 2016-7: Let God’s Light Shine: Supporting gender justice for Nicaragua. Download Slides and Transcript.
- 2015-16: Empower to Trust: Sharing resources for Filipinos to rebuild after Super Typhoon Haiyan. Download Slides and Transcript
- 2014-15: Together We Can: The Right to Life and Livelihood in Tamil Nadu, South India
- 2013-14: Women’s Centre in Sri Lanka
- 2012: Growing the Good in Tonga
- 2011: Maternal Health in Gaza
- Fair Trade Fortnight – May 2014 worship resources
- Fair Trade Fortnight – May 2013 worship resources
- Fair Trade Fortnight – May 2012 Worship resources
- Fair Trade Fortnight – May 2011 Worship resources
- Fair Trade Fortnight – May 2010 Worship resources
- Fair Trade Fortnight – May 2009 Worship resources
- Fair Trade Fortnight – May 2008 Worship resources on the benefits of fair trade
- Fair Trade Fortnight – May 2007 Worship resources on fair trade
Water and sanitation
- “Give drink to my chosen people.” – Worship resources for World Water Day 2010
- Talking about Toilets – Worship resources on Sanitation, World Water Day, March 2008.
- Give me a drink – Worship resources on access to clean water, World Water Day March 2007
- “For there is no food and no water” – Worship resources, World Water Day, 2009